After Pamu’s 1.0 success. The multi-million dollar Bluetooth headset in Indiegogo, this time Padmate continues to release an upgraded version called Pamu Scroll that has changed a lot in design as well as the original sound quality.
Basic parameters of the product
- Weight: 5g
- Water resistance: IPX6
- Micro: Android / iOS
- Driver on each side: 1 Driver
- Brand: China
- Sensitivity: 97dB
- Frequency range: 20-20000Hz
- Headset type: True-Wireless
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Battery charging capacity: 500mAh battery
- 【Fit Snug in Ears & Comfortable】: Ergonomically designed Pamu earbuds and 3 different sized ear plugs ensure a soft fit in ear, and comfortable without hurting your ears. Small-sized & light-weighted & water and sweat resistance give you the possibility to run or jump or swim without earbuds falling out. Problem-solver for those looking for true wireless earphone for workout.
- 【Auto Pairing & Touch Control System】: This new version of pamu scroll auto pairing wireless earbuds enables automatically-pairing right after taken from case, characterized with touch control system, just click the MFB bringing you to listen to music & audio books or watch movie, or chat. Call in both earbuds.(Only right earbud can make calls)
- 【Amazing Sound Quality】: True wireless stereo bluetooth features super deep bass & clear sound. No muddiness or breaks in sound. Mic on earphones sounds just like mic on iPhone. No distortion in low/mid/highs, giving you great sound experience.
- 【Longer Playtime & Portable Charging Box】: True Wireless Earbuds with Charging Case provides 2-3 times full charges for in ear true wireless Bluetooth earphones. 3.5 hours music playing time or 4.5 hours hands-free calling time or 100 hours standby time.
- 【BT5.0 & Voice Assistant】:Bluetooth 5.0 earbuds guarantee stable connection, no dropout. Pamu scroll also supports voice assistant with just double tap on left earbud. IPX6—water and sweat resistance, you can do exercise indoor or outdoor, no worry corrosion.
What design changes?
Stunning transformation design from circular charging Dock to the extraordinarily delicate and beautiful cylindrical shape. If the first Pamu version is in a modern style and somewhat resembles a chalk box, Pamu Scroll is in an ancient technique, infinite mystery. The overall exterior of the Pamu Scroll is a combination of art and class. Compared to Pamu 1.0, this new version is much more compact when cutting off the “hook” and gathering all the chips into one, unlike the old version divided into three sections rather “luxuriant.”
Use plastic material combined with suede for a new look and very attractive. The collapsible magnet is exquisitely designed like 3D diamond cuts and sparkles when exposed to light. The earpiece is thoughtless but with the Pamu Scroll quite the opposite, with that unique design idea that makes us feel like we are exploring an ancient secret and this also impresses us. Those around.
Pamu Scroll is available in four colors including Rock’n’roll, Graphene (in this article), Glory Edition, Sakura. In which, there are three colors for orientation for men and pink for women. On the surface of each case charging is made with shiny and metallic dust labels to create a sparkle when there is light while limiting the water to penetrate the skin inside to avoid moisture from which there is a strange smell, note the part Charger case does not support water resistance.
The right side of the Charger case is where the micro USB charging port is designed like the speaker on the portable speaker products, combining high-end concentric vignettes (famous motifs on Asus laptops). It’s great that the Pamu Scroll adds wireless charging via a receiver accessory called Pamu Wireless, which is compatible with most wireless charging adapters today.
The left edge is still the same as the right structure, but there is no connection port, only four blue battery capacity LEDs are hidden inside, each corresponding to 25% capacity. Each time the charger is plugged in, each lamp will blink until the number of 4 is sufficient. These lights are also one of the highlights because it’s like the energy sources in Marvel’s superhero movies (I’m Marvel fan).
Pamu Scroll how smart!
Pamu Scroll uses the Bluetooth 5.0 standard for the highest possible audio input quality, while the connection process is stable and farther. However, the headset only supports connecting a single device, and if you want to connect another device, you must disconnect the previous method. On the surface of the headset (Faceplate) is divided into two areas, the flat space is the recording area of the microphone, and the flat area is where we use the touch feature to stop/play, receive calls (1 click ), transfer items (2 clicks). Through the process of using it, I found the right headset is essential because only the right ear can connect to the device. If we only remove the left ear from the Charging Case, it will not work and vice versa. The left ear only has the function of stopping/playing, receiving a call, and calling a virtual assistant but cannot transfer the post as it is on the right. At the same time, if you want to listen to one ear, it will naturally be the right ear. So, if anyone ends up getting lost on the right earpiece then determine.
One of the critical points on the Pamu Scroll is its water resistance (IPX6 standard). This feature has been focused on by Padmate to enhance the product value, to enable users to play sports or suddenly have a “rain across” or listen to music in the bathroom (according to the label – Video from the company). In theory, the IPX6 waterproof standard can only resist strong water jets for at least 3 minutes, so the user should consider the use of the bathroom carefully.
Experience the sound quality on Pamu Scroll
Right now, I decided that this is not a headset for enjoying high-class music so that I will implement the most famous music method today on Zing Mp3. Through 10 multi-genre tracks I obtained the following results: Treble range works best when showing details of medium to high timbre but if the volume is up to 85% (cannot adjust the volume with headphones, which must be adjusted on the connected device) high tones start to lighten and cause discomfort to the ear, I am a high-pitched “addict” so after a little “big play” it is a bit light. The midrange is not average, but it is not very well invested. The songs are fast, there are many voices, and the instruments will be a bit confusing. Because I have not had a chance to use Pamu v1 version, so I cannot compare how the bass range changes, but the own evaluation on Pamu Scroll, Bass is acceptable. The bass intensity is quite good, although the audio frequency is not sincere. Also, the headset will not have the application included to tune sound like other brands.
One point to note, during the use I found with the Samsung Galaxy A7-2015 (Bluetooth 4.0) the auto-connect feature of the headset seems to be a bit slow. At the same time when running the car, the signal sometimes gets lagged, though not much and the distance from this room to the opposite place (both offices are closed) is prone to lag. However, testing on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Bluetooth 5.0, aptX) connected very quickly and no more lag phenomenon. The manufacturer’s declared distance of 10m is most likely a straight line without obstacles (room door, floor to floor). Also, Pamu Scroll can make calls with two ears instead of one ear as the first version.
Actual usage duration
According to the publisher Pamu Scroll for 3.5 hours of battery life when listening to music and about 5 hours, the standby time of the headset will be 100 hours continuously. Also, the charging case will allow the headset to charge three times fully, i.e., we will have 10.5 hours of operation at the most, and it will take you about 2 hours to fully charge the inner case and headset. An acceptable battery level for a truly wireless headset costs under million.
- Change the design from round box to beautiful book
- The earpiece size is also smaller in the ears
- Support Bluetooth 5.0
- Low price
- Can listen to calls with both ears
- Bass improved
- Standard waterproof from IPX5 to IPX6 to withstand intense water pressure
- Additional wireless charging dock
- Activate Siri directly from the headset
- Sometimes the phenomenon of jerky, lag with the old phone
- No volume adjustment feature